The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Scicom (MSC) Berhad (“Scicom”, “our”, “us” or “we”), a limited company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia holding Co. Reg. No.: 200201029763 (597426-H) with a business address at 25th Floor, Menara TA ONE, 22 Jalan P Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur 50250.
For the purpose of this written notice (“Notice”), the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
- This Notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us when you use our services in relation to the Covid-19 Screening website https://covid19screening.com.my/ (“Site”) and related applications (“Services”).
Who we are and who we work with:
- Scicom is the owner and operator of the software and system known as the COVID 19 Screening System (“System”) as well as the Site. The Covid-19 Screening test (“Test”) is carried out by healthcare providers (“Healthcare Provider”) that have been authorised for that purpose and are licensed under the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- Scicom does not perform any health screenings but provides access to Tests through the Site and the associated Mobile Application (“the App”) for you, the user, to register for and purchase Covid-19 screening tests for yourself or others, including your employees. The Healthcare Providers will have access to the System for the purpose of facilitating the provision of the Test(s) purchased.
- Any data provided to us by yourself or on your behalf will be made available through the System to the Healthcare Provider to administer the Test.
- If you pay for Tests by credit card or debit card, you will be directed to the third party payment gateway provider we use and your transactions relating to payment will be under the terms and conditions of their site. We do not store or hold or process any credit or debit card details. If you choose to pay by bank transfer or cheque, then the details that are necessary to process payment will be handled by us.
Notice to Employers
- If you are an employer or an organisation purchasing Tests to be administered on your staff then you undertake that you have obtained the necessary consents from those individuals before disclosing any of their personal details to us. Furthermore, you undertake to indemnify us in full and hold us harmless from any loss or damages or penalties arising from you or your Company’s breach of or failure to meet the requirements of the Act.
What data will be collected by us:
- Data will be collected at different points along your interaction with us.
- When you register at the Site before purchase.
- When you purchase a Test or Tests.
- When you have the Test or have results of a Test.
- If you download the Covid-19 Screening App (“the App”).
- When you register on the Site your name, contact email and contact number are required to establish basic account information.
- Once you wish to purchase any Tests then additional Personal details (such as name, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, SOCSO number, nationality) will be collected;
- Contact details (such as address, email, phone number) are required in relation to payment and issuing of invoices;
- Employee Identification Details, if applicable (such as Employee ID and Employer) will be shared or required once you consent to being tested;
- The System will collect appointment details (such as the healthcare provider you have visited, your dates of visit, your appointment history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us;
- Other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us including unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal data in communications and correspondence emails or letters that you send to us; and
- Additional personal or other information that may be relevant.
- You consent to the processing of your personal data for purposes which include but are not limited to the following:
- To connect you with the Healthcare Provider that you choose;
- To identify your location through the App and perform contact tracing in the event of a Positive test;
- To provide you with the services you have requested or purchased;
- To facilitate our interactions with you;
- To contact you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment;
- For compliance with legal and regulatory obligations;
- To send you electronic announcements and newsletters that we think will interest you;
- To perform core operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfilment, data storage, security, insurance verification, or Site analytics);
- To enable us to customize our advertising;
- For internal record keeping;
- For internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- To investigate your complaints;
- To produce statistical reports, collectively or at individual data level, for corporate reporting, research works and publications;
- To use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing effort
- For analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to conduct category analysis, financial analysis, investigate service lapses, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services; and
Such other purposes directly related to the foregoing (collectively, “Purposes”).
Generally, we handle your personal data for the purposes set out in this Notice. Any one or more of the listed purposes may apply to your personal data, depending on the actual situation. The Purposes above do not purport to be an exhaustive listing, although an effort is made to set out as many salient purposes as may be applicable.
- Generally, your personal data was, is being or is to be collected:
- When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for available appointments with Healthcare Providers and completing medical history forms prior to Healthcare Provider appointments;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information which notifies us know when you are logged on and available to receive update or alert notices;
- If you download our mobile application (“Application”), we will receive information about your location and mobile device;
- Through cookies on the Site, and website analytics services and other tracking technology; and
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, not misleading and is kept up to date. If you fail to supply us any of your personal data which is not stated as being voluntarily provided to us, we may refuse to process your personal data for any of the Purposes and you will not be able to use the Services.
- We may require your assistance if the personal data relating to other persons is required for the Purposes and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to assist us when required.
- You have the right to request access to and to request correction of your personal data and to contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data (including the possible choices and means for limiting the processing of your personal data) through the Site or Application or as follows:
The Personal Data Protection Officer
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone no: +603 2782 1900
- We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
- We will disclose your data to the Healthcare Provider and the Ministry of Health, Malaysia which may use your sample for further study.
- We may disclose your personal data for the Purposes to our related companies, your employers (where applicable), our service providers, insurance company, governmental departments and/or agencies including Ministry of Human Resources, SOCSO, the Immigration Department or other government, regulatory and/or statutory bodies and any such third party requested or authorized by you or as may be required in law.
- We will store your data securely and with the appropriate level of protection commensurate with the sensitivity of the information. We will only keep your data for such period of time as is necessary to fulfil the Purpose or to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations. We cannot advise you on how long third parties including the Ministry of Health will retain your data for once we disclose it to them.
- We may transfer your personal data to a place outside Malaysia for any of the Purposes.
- We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and will place notice of such amendments on the Site or via any other mode that we view suitable.
- Nothing in this Notice shall limit your rights or our rights under the Act.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and any other languages of this Notice, the English version shall prevail over any other languages.